Best Wedding Songs for Every Occasion You Need
Choosing your wedding music can be one of the most fun parts of the planning process, but it can also be time-consuming and overwhelming. There are many factors to consider, such as what tone you want to set, what songs you want to play during special events, and what music your guests will enjoy. You may also have songs that are special to you, your partner, and your family that you want to include during the ceremony and reception.
In order to help you with this difficult task, we’ve selected the best wedding songs for every moment of your special day, as well as the best wedding songs from each genre. Plan the wedding you’ve always dreamed of with a little help from our list below.
Best Wedding Songs by Event
Your wedding day will include many events, from exchanging your vows to cutting the cake and enjoying your first dance. The song you choose to accompany each event is important, as it will set the mood for the moment. The list below includes the best wedding songs for each of these events so you are sure to make the most of your day.
Getting Ready Wedding Songs
Getting ready for your wedding is about more than fixing your hair and stepping into your dress or suit. It’s a time of excitement and anticipation, and should be enjoyed with friends, family, and a playlist of fun and endearing songs. Below is a playlist that will help you get ready in style.
Wedding Processional Songs
The processional is the moment that the wedding party walks down the aisle, and can include the groomsmen, bridesmaids, flower girl, ring bearer, and the parents or grandparents of the couple. Traditionally, the groom is already standing at the altar. The bride is the last to enter, usually accompanied by her father.
The music that you choose for your processional may be a traditional hymn or one of your favorite pop tunes. The following songs are relaxed yet uplifting selections that will accompany any processional beautifully.
Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
Many brides choose to walk down the aisle to a different song than the processional, but it is entirely your decision. Another option is to play one song for the wedding party, and a different section of the same song for the bride. The following wedding songs are romantic yet mellow, and are sure to make your moment special.
Wedding Ceremony Songs
Some couples choose to have music during the ceremony. This can be quiet background music for special parts of the ceremony, such as the unity candle, or a live performance by a friend or family member. Some couples even choose to sing songs to each other! Choose from the following list to make your ceremony even more memorable.
Wedding Recessional Songs
Once the ceremony is complete, the new couple will exit the altar area, followed by the wedding party and guests. This is an excellent opportunity to play an upbeat song to celebrate the occasion and prepare guests for your reception. The suggestions below are great wedding exit songs to suit any type of ceremony.
Wedding Party Entrance Songs
After the ceremony, guests will enter the reception area and wait for the couple and the wedding party to make their big entrance. This song should be high energy, as it marks the beginning of the reception. Some bridal parties and groomsmen choose to walk in to funny songs, and others dance their way to their seat. However your wedding party enters the reception, the following songs will get everyone ready for the night.
Wedding Entrance Songs for Bride and Groom
Some couples choose to enter the reception to the same song as the wedding party, and others decide to use a special song for just the two of them. This wedding song can be romantic and fun, or outrageous and goofy. You may want to consider walking in to a favorite song that is special in your relationship.
First Dance Wedding Songs
The first dance can occur at the start of the reception, immediately after the bride and groom are introduced, or after dinner to kick off the rest of the dancing. First dance wedding songs can be traditional slow songs or more upbeat. The wedding song you choose should be one that is special to you and fits the style of dancing you are going for, whether it is slow swaying or a choreographed number.
Do you want more Wedding Song Ideas ?
This is another list we borrowed, as we continue to add more playlists you can also view on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/user/paradiseeventproductions
Wedding Cake Cutting Songs
There are several moments during the reception where the cake can be cut. Some couples cut the cake at the start of the reception so the photographer can get a great shot before leaving for the evening. Others choose to do it immediately after dinner. Whenever you choose to cut the cake, you’ll want to pick a fun song that suits the “sweet” occasion.
- “Sweetest Thing” by U2
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by Marvin Gaye
- “Sugar, Sugar” by The Archies
- “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard
- “Sugar” by Maroon 5
- “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)” by The Four Tops
- “Candyman” by Christina Aguilera
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Honey Bee” by Blake Shelton
- “Sugar” by Flo Rida ft. Wynter
Father/Daughter Wedding Songs
The father/daughter dance is one of the most touching moments in any reception, but choosing the right song can be tricky. A traditional slow song may not feel comfortable, but a typical dance number may not be appropriate either. The wedding songs below are sweet and sentimental and are perfect for the bride’s moment with her dad.
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
- “Forever Young” by Bob Dylan
- “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
- “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “Tupelo Honey” by Van Morrison
- “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth
- “It’s For My Dad” by Nancy Sinatra
- “That’s My Daughter in the Water” by Loudon Wainwright
Mother/Son Wedding Songs
Just like the father/daughter dance, the mother/son dance is a sweet moment to witness. It may be the only time that the mother and son have danced together, and deciding on a special song may be a challenge. The list below includes the best wedding songs for any mother and son on his big day.
- What a Wonderful World” by Louie Armstrong
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “In My Life” by The Beatles
- “You Are The Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
- “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
- “Your Song” by Elton John
- “Stand by Me” by Ben E. King
- “Days Like This” by Van Morrison
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman
- “A Song For Mama” by Boyz 2 Men
Country Wedding Songs
Planning a country affair for you and your spouse to be? Take a look at our list of country wedding songs below. You’ll find a mix of classic country and pop, from romantic numbers to upbeat songs that are sure to get any crowd dancing. Whether you are planning a full-on country wedding or are looking to compliment your day with a few country hits, look no further.
- “From the Ground Up” by Dan + Shay
- “Making Memories of Us” by Keith Urban
- “My Best Friend” by Tim McGraw
- “Any Man of Mine” by Shania Twain
- “More Than Anyone” by Gavin DeGraw
- “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait
- “Amazed” by Lonestar
- “Cowboy Take Me Away” by The Dixie Chicks
- “Crazy” by Patsy Cline
- “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash
Christian Wedding Songs
Whether you’re a fan of Christian music or simply looking to add special meaning to your wedding day, the following songs are a great place to start. These wedding songs span a variety of styles, such as pop, rock, country, and soul, and will fit every moment of your wedding, from the ceremony itself to the first dance.
- “God Gave Me You” by Dave Barnes
- “When I Say I Do” by Matthew West
- “Love Never Fails” by Brandon Heath
- “Wedding Day” by Casting Crowns
- “Oh Happy Day” by Aretha Franklin
- “When God Made You” by Newsong ft. Natalie Grant
- “Unfailing Love” by Jimmy Needham
- “I Will Be Here” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “The Prayer” by Charlotte Church & Josh Groban
- “I Can Only Imagine” by MercyMe
Fun Wedding Songs
While every wedding should include romantic love songs, your guests will want to let loose and have fun during the reception. The list of best wedding songs below are great for dancing and singing along, and will get any guest to join in on the action. Have fun at your wedding with these classic pop, rock, hip-hop, and country tunes.
- “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- “The Twist” by Chubby Checker
- “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” by Silentó
- “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
- “Wobble” by V.I.C.
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
- “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks
Classic Wedding DJ Dance Songs
There are certain songs that people expect to hear when they attend a wedding reception. The songs below have stood the test of time, and will be a welcome addition to your wedding. If you ever need to get people out on the dance floor, play one of these songs and wait to see everyone join in.
- “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson
- “Love and Marriage” by Frank Sinatra
- “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles
- “Oh, Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison
- “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
- “I Want You Back” by Jackson 5
- “Stayin’ Alive by The Bee Gees
- “I Got You (I Feel Good)” by James Brown
- “Like a Prayer” by Madonna
- “It Had To Be You” by Harry Connick Jr.
Modern Wedding Songs
As much as any wedding party loves to hear the classics, they’ll also want to hear some new hits. These modern wedding songs will add some variety to your reception, and are great for dancing and singing along. Choose any of the songs below to bring everyone together, young and old, to celebrate your special day.
- “Stay” by Rihanna, Mikky Ekko
- “The Way I Am” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “1, 2, 3, 4” by Plain White Ts
- “I Do” by Colbie Caillat
- “Closer” by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey
- “Want To Want Me” by Jason Derulo
- “Firework” by Katy Perry
- “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend
- “Love Me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding
- “I Will Wait” by Mumford & Sons
Funny Wedding Songs
Every wedding should have romantic and sentimental moments, but it’s also fun to laugh together as you celebrate. The funny wedding songs below span several decades, and are sure to get everyone dancing, singing, and laughing. Add a few of these wedding songs to your playlist to keep your reception fun and entertaining.
- “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice
- “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
- “U Can’t Touch This” by M.C. Hammer
- “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-a-lot
- “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor
- “I Wanna Grow Old With You” Adam Sandler
- “Shake Your Booty” by KC & The Sunshine Band
- “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer
- “#Selfie” by The Chainsmokers
- “Sexy And I Know It” by LMFAO
Upbeat Wedding Songs
If you want to get people dancing, try one of these upbeat wedding songs. This mix of classic rock, pop, and hip-hop spans several decades and will get anyone out of their chair and onto the dance floor. Celebrate with your friends and family by cranking up one of these wedding songs.
- “E.I.” by Nelly
- “Timber” by Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
- “Live Your Life” by T.I. and Rihanna
- “Hey Ya” by Outkast
- “Mo Money Mo Problems” by The Notorious B.I.G.
- “Your Love” The Outfield
- “I Love It” by Icona Pop
- “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars
- “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
- “Till the World Ends” by Britney Spears